Last spring, the Bishop launched the Shape of Parish Ministry Consultation (SPMC) with the following words: What are the shapes of parish ministry that God is calling our diocese to explore? What dreams would God have us dream together? Where is God calling us to be, and where are we called to invest the resources which have been entrusted to us? These are important questions, and we are seeking to answer them together, as a Bishop working with his clergy and people, through a process of gathering and sharing information, conversation, prayer, and collaborative decision-making.
We are currently in the first stage of the process, and, along with all the parishes in the Diocese, have been asked to answer five questions. This is an opportunity to reflect on our ministry over the past few years (including pre-COVID) and to discern what our future might hold. And now it is your turn to answer the following:
1. What is the single most important thing that the diocese should know about our parish/congregation?
2. What are the parish's ministry priorities, and how are these priorities lived out in our decisions and activities and the use of our resources?
3. In what ways does our parish/congregation serve the wider community? How are we engaged with the local community beyond our walls - outreach, events, partnerships?
4. What are the challenges to accomplishing the work we’ve identified above, in terms of finances, building status and human resources?
5. Are there ministry opportunities that we are aware of but not involved in? What would we need to engage in them?
There are several ways to share your input:
In Person: Two one-hour sessions will be held on Sunday, September 26th, at 9.30 and 11.45 am. Please register here for these sessions, as you would a worship service.
By Email: Email your responses to the questions to Jane Morris by end of day, Sunday, September 26th.
By Phone: If you, or someone you know, would prefer to speak to someone over the phone, please contact Jane Morris to arrange a call (before Monday, September 27th)
Our Cathedral representatives will be interviewed by members of the SPMC Team on October 5th. Your participation will guide and feature at that interview, so please do contribute!
Thank you for your input and participation in this important work. Please contact Jane Morris if you have further questions.
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Sunday Services at 8:30 and 10:30 am