Cathedral Women (ACW)

Mandate:
Founded in 1885 as the Women's Auxiliary, the Cathedral Women's group has a long history of involvement in the church and in the community. 

Cathedral Women raise funds for missionary work and for the Cathedral's ministry. 

Cathedral Women contribute significantly to parish finances by donating proceeds of their activities to the Cathedral Corporation. Cathedral Women provide a social, Christian fellowship atmosphere for all Cathedral women as they provide service to the parish and the broader community.
 
Activities:

As part of its missionary work, the group collects new clothing, linens, children's educational materials and toys, etc. and sends 'bales' to northern churches. Those churches then sell the goods to raise funds to support their parishes. 

To raise funds for its work and for the Cathedral, the group holds a number of events and activities:

  • Holly Tea and Bazaar
  • various cooking, baking and craft "bees" to make items for sale.